Yesterday I was, er, chided by a girl as I was getting off the tram, because she apparently believed I was being rude and pushy while I tried to make my way out the door. I decided on some possible causes for her unusual criticism of my tram-riding skills:
1) She has never been to France before, and therefore does not know what French people normally behave like (not possible - she was definitely French)
2) She has never been to a city before (not probable)
3) She does not normally use public transportation (unlikely, if she is bordelaise)
4) She thinks she is special and above being pushed and shoved on the tram like the rest of the world (likely, if she is French, and very likely if she is bordelaise)
Of course, she could have just been in a bad mood. But let's be honest. In a city, on public transportation, I would say I encounter at least 10 people a day who push and shove more than that.
Get over yourself, lady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment